Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Minestrone Soup

I found this on the Kraft website, & tweaked it (adding garlic, of course, & more veggies). It was really good!! The cheese is the best part, hehe. Add lots! My 7 year old hated the kidney beans (but so did my friend who is 33!), yet my 5 year old loved them. If you have haters, add less. I plan to next time. It's a quick recipe (minus the slow cooker part), but taste awesome!!

1/4 cup Italian dressing
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots
1 TBSP minced garlic
19 oz diced tomatoes & juice
1 can of kidney beans, drained & rinsed
20 oz beef or vegetable broth
2 cups water
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups small pasta
Grated Parmesan

Cook onions, celery, carrots, & garlic in Italian dressing for 2 minutes. Put into slow cooker. Add tomatoes, beans, broth, water & seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours. Stir in pasta 10 - 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle Parmesan on before serving.

No comments: