Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Teriyaki

I made this for supper last night & it was a HUGE hit. I may have to triple the recipe next time!! It's so quick & easy, so it is perfect after sitting in the rink until 5pm!! We had it with rice, & then I bought egg rolls, mmmmm. I want more just typing this out!!

1 lb beef, chicken or pork (I used stirfry beef, it came pre-sliced from the meat department)
1 tsp ginger powder
1 TBSP minced garlic
2 stalks of celery, sliced
3 large carrots, sliced
1 onion cut into chunks
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 TBSP soy sauce

Cook beef until done. Add ginger & garlic & mix together. Add veggies & stirfry until tender crisp. Whisk sugar & soy sauce together in a bowl, & pour over mixture in pan. Stir together. If too runny, I added a tiny bit of cornstarch to thicken it up. Serve over rice. Seriously, the YUMMIEST thing ever!!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Thanks Robyn! I plan on making it this week!!!