Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Homemade Brownies

I finally found the recipe for brownies I've been looking for. Only took about 3 years!! I'm going to make more Peppermint Brownies tonight, but I'll use this recipe instead of boxed brownies. I'll also just throw in the peppermint extract. Oh, & by the way. The brownies? Tasted AMAZING. I'll take pictures tonight, when I make them (yes again, already). Ok. Here is my brownie recipe!!

1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Preaheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter & flour an 8" square pan, shaking out excess flour. Whisk flour, cocoa & baking powder in mixing bowl & set aside. Whisk remaining ingredients together, & combine with first 3 ingredients. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool.

Sometime I add white chocolate chips, or regular chocolate chips to these. No nuts though!! Well, mostly because G & the boys are all allergic to nuts, but also because I believe nuts do NOT belong in brownies!! You can frost these, or leave them as is.

No comments: