Friday, August 3, 2012

Raspberry Freezer Jam

Last year, we planted some raspberry bushes, and I could not wait for all of my yummy fresh berries! Sadly, we had about 4 all season :( This year, our harvest was a little bigger, and I have learned that raspberries need to be establish before they really start producing those delicious red globes! In the meantime, I made due with some frozen berries I had bought when I made cheesecake muffins last month. This is a quick & easy jam, no cooking, that can stay in the freezer for up to 1 year! Remember that jam is a finicky thing, so be sure to follow the pectin recipe to the letter! I used Certo, so will post their directions that I followed.

Raspberry Freezer Jam
2 cups crushed raspberries (about 4 cups whole berries)
4 cups granulated sugar
1 pouch Certo liquid pectin
2 TBSP lemon juice

You can push the berries through a sieve if you like, but I don't have one, so I didn't. Mix berries & sugar in a bowl, and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in pectin & lemon juice, and stire for 3 minutes. Place in clean jars or tightly sealing plastic containers, leaving 1/4 inch at the top. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours before freezing. Will keep the freezer for up to 1 year, and 3 weeks in the fridge once thawed.

No comments: