Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby, It`s Cold Outside

Today is the coldest day of the year (well, season). We have been very spoiled this winter, with temperatures being approximately 15-20 degrees warmer than normal. I am not going to lie, I loved it!

But all good things come to an end, right? This morning, it was was -37C, without the windcill, when I took the boys to school. Mama no likey :( It is currently -35C. Still too cold for this bird!

In a quest to warm up, I have turned to baking. Logically, I thought the boys would love to take muffins to school for snacks! So I made muffins for them (such a good, loving mama!). Then, I mixed up some mint chocolate chip cookie dough. Oh dear. Now I have 6 dozen muffins, and way too many cookies. I also want to make my cherry chip cookies, since I found a cherry chip cake mix in the cupboard. Did I mention I had started up my other blog to help me focuse on eating better & losing weight?

I need a coffee date, stat! Someone needs to eat this baking! I think Anson`s hockey team will be getting some cookie treats at their tournament this weekend.

And PS. Now recipes to share today, my friends. I cheated & used cookie & muffins mixes. I just add a little vanilla, sugar extra chocolate chips to make them not taste so pre-packaged-y.

No comments: