Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year, New Blog!

Well, sorta. It is a new year, but this is not a new blog! However, I do want to kickstart this baby back into use! One of my family`s resolution this year is eat a more varied diet. We already eat fairly healthy, for the most part, but, I get stuck in ruts. Boring, same old same old ruts. And, well, I am bored of it!

So here comes the "New Blog" part! I want to use my blog to help inspire new, creative meals for my little family! And, maybe, just maybe! If I document new recipes, new ideas, & what we thought of them, I will blog more! MAYBE even blog on my family & work blogs too? We`ll see!!

So! To start off the New Year, I have cooked 8 out of the last 10 nights! I tried my hand at homemade lasagna, for the first time ever. The boys LOVED it. And man, it was SO easy! I also made Broccoli Chowder (which I have posted here once). It was a HUGE hit! And while I though I had made enough for leftovers? It was gone in less than half an hour. Oops.

I also tried a brand spankin` new recipe last night. I have been scouring Pinterest (my lastest addiction) for new meal ideas. A few people have posted this "Best Stroganoff EVER" recipe, so I figured why not. Seriously? It`s the BEST. My boys each plowed through 3 bowls. And took the leftovers for lunch today. THAT right there the sign of a "keeper" recipe! I will post it in the next post, with our review.

Tonight is another new recipe! Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup. We`re going to eat in homemade bread bowls. Which I need to start soon! For the bread bowls, I am just going to use my Nana`s bun recipe, but make the buns bigger. It smells good already, especially since I used the last of my homemade turkey stock! Which is another recipe I need to post, as it is a super easy, super delicous slow cooker recipe!

Well, until next time :)

1 comment:

Vanessa Wolfram said...

Ooooo! I love Pinterest, its so addicting isn't it!

I hear ya on the whole being "bored" thing, and I can't wait to try out some new recipes. I'm glad you started this little bloggety blog!

The Stroganoff sounds yummy. Please share!