Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Guacamole

I fell in love with guacamole 2 years ago. We had a few friends over to watch a football game & everyone brought appetizers. My neighbor brough nachos & guac. Oh man. YUM. I have loved it ever since & eat it whenever I can. But ONLY homemade! I have tried the already made versions from the grocery store, but they just do not taste as yummy!

The other night, I made tacos for supper, & found 1 poor, lonely avocado in the fridge. A-ha! Guacamole it is! My current obsession right is Greek yogurt. For smoothies. With granola. Instead of sour cream. Greek yogurt = yum! And healthy! So, I figured, instead of Miracle Whip for my guac, let`s try Greek yogurt! Add some chopped garlic. Lemon juice. PERFECT! I had a super delish taco with cheese, lettuce, peppers, onions & tomato. Oh! And some salsa & banana peppers. Heat is nice :) SO GOOD!

The next day, I had a little bit of guacamole left. So, I toasted some whole wheat bread, spread on the guac, a little bit of mustard, 1 slice of super thin turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato & banana peppers. I had to have 2, it was so tasty! And then I was out of avocados :(

So today! Oh it was cold today. -48*C with the windchill :( However, I wasn`t going to get a little bit of winter weather get in my way! So, after I picked the boys up from school, & I went & got some more avocados. Mmmmm. And now, I am enjoying a tasty, guac-y treat! This time, I chopped the avocado & added diced red & yellow peppers, so it`s like a chunky, but creamy, salsa. YUM! Sadly, I forgot the best dippers (Hint of Lime Tostitos), so I am using Veggie Thins. Meh. It`s simply a vehicle for the delicious, green guacamole!

Be sure to try making your guacamole with Greek yogurt next time :) Enjoy!

No comments: